Panama and Costa Rica Holiday
During this holiday embark on exciting travels while learning Spanish! Explore the cultural richness of Panama and relax in absolute paradise at a beach in the middle of the turquoise Caribbean Sea. Adventure on and experience the rich flora and fauna of Costa Rica.
All along this holiday you will travel through different spots in Panama and Costa Rica and receive 72 hours of Spanish classes. The journey starts in the stunning metropolis Panama City. One of the highlights of your trip through Panama is the visit to the Islands of San Blas, a group of hundreds of islands in the middle of the turquoise Caribbean Sea. Furthermore, you will stay in Boquete, a small town in the green mountain highlands of Panama and the island of Bocas del Toro, a slow paced Caribbean Island group. In Costa Rica you will stay in Turrialba, a modern mountain town and a regional agricultural center. As the final highlight of your journey you will make a two day white water rafting tour on the River ‘Reventazon’ and camp one night in the middle of the jungle.
- Panama City: a great mixture of a stunning modern metropolis with an impressive old city and lots of culture.
- Locks of Miraflores: the tree locks that form part of the unique Panama Canal which connects North and South America. From Miraflores it is possible to see the impressive process of ship transits.
- San Blas Island: a group of hundreds of still quite undiscovered islands in the middle of the turquoise Caribbean Sea. A place that is called a paradise on earth with good reason.
- Rafting Tour: Turrialba is also known as the gateway to some of the best white water rafting in the world. You will explore the jungle of Costa Rica during a two day rafting tour.
- Spanish Courses: this journey to travel and learn Spanish includes 72 hours of Spanish classes. All Spanish classes are in small groups with a maximum of six students.
Panama and Costa Rica Holidays
Day 1: Arrival
Upon arrival you will be transferred to your accommodation in Panama City.
Day 2 - 4: Spanish classes and activities
You will receive each morning 4 hours of Spanish classes in a small group (maximum 6 students). In the afternoons you can participate in several activities:
- Visit to the Panama Canal and the locks of Miraflores
- Latin American dance class (Salsa, Cumbia or Merengue)
- Workshop Panamanian cooking
- Visit of Casco Viejo, the impressive old city part of Panama City
Day 5 – 6. Fascinating islands of San Blas
Stay two nights with a local indigenous family in a simple wooden house in a shared room with your fellow students. You do not have Spanish lessons here. Enjoy your time at the great Island group and relax at the Caribbean beaches. Additionally, you can choose to snorkel in the great blue water around the island.
Day 7. Travel back to Panama City
Transfer by bus and boat to Panama City.
Day 8 – 13. Transfer to Boquete
On day 8, we will drive to Boquete. From day 9, you will receive four hours of Spanish classes each morning in a small group of a maximum of six students. In the afternoons you can participate in several activities.
Day 14 – 15. The island of Bocas del Toro
Transfer to the island of Bocas del Toro by bus and boat.
Day trip on a Catamaran on the beautiful Caribbean Sea around the island. The best moment to relax, swim, sunbathe and snorkel.
Day 16 – 21. Spanish classes in the island
Day trip on a Catamaran on the beautiful Caribbean Sea around the island. The best moment to relax, swim, sunbathe and snorkel. On day 21, we will drive to Turrialba.
Day 22 – 25. Spanish classes in Costa Rica
You will receive four hours of Spanish classes each morning in a small group of maximum six students. In the afternoons you can participate in several activities.
Day 26 – 28. Two day rafting on a jungle river
A two day rafting tour on the Rio ‘Reventazon’ with one night camping at the river. The first day you will raft to the campsite, where you will sleep in the middle of the jungle. After the rafting tour you can relax in a hammock and maybe even be approached by a curious toucan or two.
After breakfast the next day you will continue the rafting tour until midday. Day 28 is the final day of the vacation. You will be brought from the endpoint of the rafting tour to Siquirres. From there you will be transferred to the airport or to your next Central America destination. Contact one of our knowledgeable agents to begin customizing your tour package today!