Terms and Conditions
The terms and conditions listed below apply to all bookings made online at www.mayangateway.com, by telephone or in person. All changes and additions to your reservation request should be made in writing and sent to us by email. It is necessary to have a confirmation from Mayan Gateway to ensure the changes have been made.
Travel and Personal Protection
Mayan Gateway strongly recommends you to purchase an insurance for Travel and Personal Protection which is not included in the price.
We are not responsible for natural disasters, road problems, strikes, violence, wars, or any other unplanned disturbances. We will not make any reimbursements if there is an occurrence out of our control. We are not responsible for forgotten or lost items.
- A reservation and full payment should be completed no less than 30 working days before your arrival date or commencement of services. To make a reservation less than 30 working days before the arrival date, contact us.
- A non-refundable deposit of the price of services reserved is required within seven calendar days of booking. Full payment should be completed before commencement of services. For group tours specific terms and conditions apply, depending on the number of visitors, type of hotel accommodation, and season. Contact us for more information.
Forms of Payment
We welcome payment by any of the following methods: Credit Card (additional charge), PayPal (additional charge), bank transfers, and e-checks (additional charge). Note that all bank charges on money transfers are to be paid by the sender.
Cancellation and Change Policy
Mayan Gateway does not confirm a refund if you do not take the service. We strongly recommend TRIP CANCELLATION PROTECTION, which is not included in the price. You can visit Travelex Insurance Services or World Nomads to get a quote. Due to the extensive organization involved with touring, a strict cancellation fee will be applicable to compensate for costs and lost revenue.
We reserve the right to charge a cancellation fee for cancellations on the following basis*, even if the cancellation is caused by superior force.
Important: The first payment to confirm any tour is NON REFUNDABLE.
For the second payment of the balance, the following refund policies may apply:
- If we receive a cancellation no less than 90 days before commencement of services, the fee is a 25% fee of the total price.
- If we receive a cancellation no less than 60 days before commencement of services, the fee is 50% fee of the total price.
- For travelers cancelling from 30 to 59 days before commencement of services, the fee is 65% of the total price.
- If we receive a cancellation within 30 days before arrival and no-show, the fee is 100% of the total price.
*Once a booking is confirmed, the amount will vary depending on payments already made to providers.
When you cancel, the price of some components of a trip cannot be refunded. These components include tickets, hotels payments, and so on.
*No refunds for changes or non-arrival on departure dates. *Extensions will require a new reservation for the additional date(s), subject to availability and prevailing rates, and this rate shall not apply.
Thank you for choosing Mayan Gateway, as your travel agency, we wish you enjoyable travels!