Volcano Pacaya Hike
Volcano Pacaya hike, this is one of the least challenging hikes in Guatemala, therefore bring the whole family! It’s a fun Pacaya day tour and the views of the volcanic landscape make it so worthwhile and certainly a great adventure.
There are only a few places around the world that can offer this unparalleled opportunity to hike to an active volcano and roast marshmallows in recently cooled lava flows. Uncover your adventurous side with this amazing guided tour to Pacaya volcano. One of the highest and most active volcanoes in Central America.
Volcano Pacaya Hike
What to expect
Your guide will meet you at your hotel in Antigua Guatemala and take you to your day of adventure in Pacaya volcano. The last big eruption here was in 2014 with spews of lava and ash reaching 10,000 feet. The volcano still has lava hot-spots and cooled lava chambers, and you might get lucky and see some new lava flowing, always from a safe distance, of course.
The hike to the lava fields only takes around 1-2 hours. Once we’re there, we will have some snacks and then go explore the surpassing landscapes of an active volcano.
We will also have some fun roasting some marshmallows on recently cooled lava! This will definitely be a day to remember! Do not miss out on this adventure. If you would like to see more tours in Guatemala, check our Guatemala Tours page or contact us for more information.
Additional information ⇢
- Departure and Return Location: Traveler pickup from hotels in Antigua Guatemala and Guatemala City.
- Departure Time: 8:00 AM or 2:00 PM
- Price per guest from: $40
- Expenses included: private transportation, certified local guide, entrance fees, water and taxes.
- Not included: gratuity for staff, travel and cancellation insurance, and other expenses than indicated.
- The price is based in 8 participants
- This is a private day tour, therefore only your group will participate
- Activity level: Easy, most travelers can participate
- Not wheelchair accessible